A picture can be worth a whole lot more than a thousand words!By Giant Matrix Team
Everyday we hear about how important it is to protect our data and online identity especially with the dramatic increase in cybercrime percentages and the consequences of being a victim of one of those crimes! We buy firewalls, track erasers, anti-virus applications and more to protect our identity and data from hackers and pirating eyes…but what if the PC or laptop itself is stolen?
Thanks to encryption tools we can now fully encrypt our financial records and important files so that no one—at least theoretically—can access those files and data. I had to say theoretically as nothing in the world is “unbreakable”…what is created by a human can be broken by another human. It’s all about the motive. Only a hacker knows how important it is for the cracker to crack the encrypted file!
Way back in time, even before computers were invented people had to find a way to hide their data from intruders, and this is when steganography, the art of hidden messages and data protection, was invented. Back at this time, one of the most interesting ancient reports of steganography involved tattooing a message on a slave’s bald head. When the slave’s hair grew back, the message was completely concealed. Thank goodness we don’t have to go to those extremes these days!!
Using steganography today, digital data is concealed in something totally innocent looking like a picture or audio file. So if your computer is stolen, you really don’t have to worry since no one will ever think that a picture of your dog includes your bank account login information!
Anti Tracks 7 an all-in-one online and offline user security tool that can help hide your data and important files securely in pictures and audio files steganographically. This way not only your files are hidden in your pictures and audio files but they are also hidden securely. Let me demonstrate how to use Anti Tracks to hide your important data and files steganographically
1. If you haven’t already installed Anti Tracks on your PC, download and install Anti Tracks
2. After installation, run Anti Tracks. The Anti Tracks main window will appear after installation
3. From the Anti Tracks main window, select Hide Files and Folders from the File menu located on the left side of the main window
4. Select the files and folders you want to hide by clicking the browse button OR by dragging and dropping your files and folders from Windows Explorer to the Hide Files and Folders window. After adding all files and folders you want to hide, click Next to proceed. Note that the file sizes will affect the size of the final picture or audio file used in hiding your files. You don’t want to have a picture or audio file with a strange file size that might attract attention
5. In this step, you can choose to encrypt files and folders before hiding them. To do so click the Encrypt box, select your preferred Cipher, Hash and enter your password. Remember to select a strong password. The stronger the password, the harder it is for hackers to crack. After selecting your encryption preferences, click Next to proceed
6. Select your target container. The container is the picture or audio file where you will hide your files
Now your files are fully protected and hidden from prying eyes!
Protecting your information is important. Even though steganography started out being used by the military and intelligence communities, it is one of the most widely used and important methods we have to protect vital information. I know it’s hard to imagine that identity theft or just plain theft can happen to you. Most people feel that way until it’s happened to them. Think about it now and let us help protect you and your future